Our Commitment To Privacy
At Gemini Industries, Inc. (“Gemini”), we respect the privacy of our online users.
The goal of this Privacy Notice is to inform you about the types of information that we may gather about or collect from you in connection with your use of the www.gemini-coatings.com website (“Website”). The Privacy Notice is also intended to explain the conditions under which we use and disclose that information, and your rights in relation to that information.
Changes to the Privacy Notice are discussed at the end of this document. Each time you use the Website, however, the current version of this Privacy Notice will apply. Accordingly, each time you use the Website you should check the date of this Privacy Notice (which appears at the end of the document) and review any changes since the last time you used the site.
Your Personal Information
Gemini’s primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide a relevant, enjoyable, and personalized website experience. Your data also helps us develop better products and services to meet your needs, customize communications to match your preferences, and help you complete online activities and transactions with Gemini.
Information You Provide
In order to interact with www.gemini-coatings.com, you may be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information to us to create a user account such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, log-in ID, and password. Additional information may be required for specific activities.
You can choose not to provide this information but then you might not be able to participate in some of our services or offerings. By registering with the Website, you consent to the use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice.
Using Your Information
Gemini only uses your personal information to conduct business with you. Some examples include:
- creating and maintaining accounts
- processing, fulfilling, and following up on orders
- answering your e-mail
- communicating with you
- sending surveys
- notifying you about promotions and other information regarding our products and services
We also use this personal information to provide you with information related to your account, the products or services you purchased from us, to better understand your needs and interests, to improve our service and to personalize communications and your web experience.
Sharing Your Information
Your personally identifiable information will not be rented or sold to any third party. Gemini may share your personal information as follows:
- Companies who work on our behalf: We contract with other companies to perform business support functions on our behalf, which may involve limited access to your personal information. We require these companies to use the information only to provide the contracted services; they are prohibited from transferring the information to another party except as needed to provide those services. Some examples of these business support functions include coupon fulfillment, customer survey execution, and customer support.
- Parent corporation and sister companies: We may share your information with an affiliated company or business unit, with the requirement that they not transfer your information to another party for marketing purposes, or use your information contrary to your expressed choices.
- Law Enforcement: Gemini may disclose personal information to third parties without your consent for any of the following reasons: to comply with any law, regulation or court order, to cooperate with Government investigations, to help prevent fraud or when reasonably necessary to enforce or protect the rights of Gemini, third parties or the public at large. If you are located outside of the United States, please note that personal information you provide may be transferred to and stored in servers located in the United States and may be accessible to U.S. law enforcement and security authorities.
- With Your Consent: In all other cases, Gemini will obtain your express consent before sharing your information with third parties. For example, Gemini may conduct a joint offer or contest with a third party and you will be asked whether your personal information should be shared with that third party.
Your Choices about Receiving E-mail
- We will give you an opportunity to let us know your preference regarding the receiving of promotional e-mail when you provide us with your personal information or when we send you e-mail. Promotional e-mail that you receive from Gemini will tell you how to decline receiving future promotional e-mails. In the event you receive promotional e-mail from third parties, you will be responsible for contacting such third parties to request termination of e-mail from them pursuant to their procedures.
- Gemini may also send you e-mail with information and/or special offers about products and services that may be of interest to you, unless you indicate you do not want to receive them.
- Finally, Gemini may send you e-mail about your orders or your account. These are transactional in nature—rather than promotional—and do not contain unsubscribe capability as we need to communicate to fulfill our business obligation with you.
Protecting Your Information
- Gemini implements a variety of administrative, managerial, and technical security measures to help protect your personal information. Transmission of personal information to and from Gemini’s Website is protected with encryption and security services. However, Gemini makes no warranty as to the security of personal information disclosed through this Website and expressly disclaims any liability for security breaches on, through, or to this Website to the fullest extent permitted by law. While we strive to protect your personal information, you should safeguard and take steps to protect yourself on the Internet.
Areas of our site enable you to participate in public services such as discussion forums, chats, and live events. Please use discretion when posting personal information about yourself when using these services. Be aware that when you disclose personal information, such as your name, e-mail address, etc., the information may be collected and used by others to send unsolicited e-mail. These services are open to the public, and what you post there can be seen by anyone and is not protected. Gemini cannot control the comments that you may receive while you participate in these services. You may find other people’s comments to be offensive, harmful or inaccurate. You must assume all responsibility for any loss of privacy or other harm resulting from your voluntary disclosure of personal information.
Protecting the online privacy of children is especially important, and those under the age of 13 are protected by federal law. For that reason, Gemini does not knowingly permit children under the age of 13 to become registered members of our sites, or to buy goods and services on our sites, without verifiable parental consent. Gemini does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information about children under 13, except with their parent’s express consent.
www.gemini-coatings.com may contain links to and from other websites and Gemini is not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites. Gemini encourages you to ascertain the privacy practices of those websites before supply personally identifiable information.
How to Reach Us
If you have questions or concerns about your privacy when visiting the www.gemini-coatings.com, please contact us by calling (800) 262-5710 or by mail at:
Gemini Industries, Inc.
Attn: Marketing Department
P.O. Box 699
El Reno, OK 73036
Gemini will work with you to resolve any concerns you have about this Privacy Notice.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Gemini reserves the right to modify this Privacy Notice from time to time. Any and all changes to the Website Privacy Notice will be reflected on this page. Unless Gemini obtains your express consent, any revised Privacy Notice will apply only to information collected after such time as the revised Privacy Notice takes effect, and not to information collected under any earlier Privacy Notice. We encourage you to frequently check this page for any changes to our Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice is effective as of and was last updated on 6/28/13.